Saturday 14 November 2009

Waybuloo

My five year old niece loves Waybuloo - a BBC kids' show with bright green grass and soft mood music. Think Tellytubbies with yoga. These computer generated Pipkins float around and try to encourage movement and exercise. At least I think they do as I have only watched the show a couple of times. It seems to be popular among this age group and I am sure most parents of young children will know what I am talking about.

Nock-Tock, De Li, Yojojo, Lau Lau

There are dolls and books and teddies available from toyshops, but I decided that I would go one better and make my own for her birthday. She is now the proud owners of four Pipkins - Lau Lau, Nock-Tock, Yojojo and De Li.

The design evolved as the toys were made, so there are variations in each one. De Li is a little chubbier than I would have liked and their faces are not as oval as they should have been. My perfectionist daughter also declared that Lau Lau's head was too floppy. But my niece is ever so pleased with them. They are a perfect size for little hands to hold and for babies to lick.

They are also able to fit in the doll's house to watch television.



Tomorrow I will try to post individual photos of each one.

8 comments:

  1. Hi i am just wonering how you got the pattern fro the waybuloo if you could help that would be great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    I made it up!!! That explains why they all look a little different - a combination of experimentation and forgetting what I had done the last time. If you are interested I could try and make another and write down the pattern as I was going this time. These four are a bit well chewed by my niece, so it would be nice to replace them.

    Thanks for your comment.

    Kirsteen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    That would be great if you could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. could i also have the patten for the waybuloo teddy please my litle girl mad on them and i know she would love on of these

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI THERE

    DID YOU MANAGE TO PRODUCE A PATTERN FOR THE WAYBULOOS?

    I'D BE VERY INTERESTED IN IT IF YOU DID,

    MANY THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm in France and we discover the Waybuloo 1 month ago. Here there is nothing about them.
    Is it possible to receive the pattern of your creation? My mother would be so happy to make it to my son!
    Thanks
    Have a good day.
    Chrystelle
    k.gree@voila.fr

    ReplyDelete